ADAM Architecture is committed to promoting equality and diversity in all its activities to promote inclusive processes, practices and culture.
- We will strive to work to eliminate any unlawful or unfair discrimination including direct or indirect discrimination, discrimination by association, discrimination linked to a perceived characteristic, harassment and victimisation.
- We will remain proactive in taking steps to ensure inclusion and engagement for all the people who work for and with us.
- We will continue to strive towards a culture that is diverse and inclusive that recognises and develops the potential of all staff and clients.
- We recognise the business benefits and opportunities of having a diverse community of staff who value one another and realising the contribution they can make to achieving Adam Architecture’s vision.
This includes promoting equality and diversity for all irrespective of:
- age *
- disability *
- ethnicity (including race, colour and nationality) *
- gender *
- gender reassignment *
- religion or belief *
- sexual orientation *
- marriage and civil partnership *
- pregnancy and maternity *
- people with diverse communication needs
As the policy statement says, it applies to all staff and those with whom we work in partnership.
ADAM Architecture’s vision is to be the leading practice specialising in classical and traditional architecture and urban design. In reaching this vision, we are committed to creating a working environment based on the following principles:
We will work in a way which promotes equality and diversity, and which does not discriminate against any of our staff or partners.
We will work in partnership with staff and others to encourage a culture where everyone receives respect and can voice their diverse needs, knowing that they will be heard.
We will work to ensure that our practices are transparent and open to scrutiny.
We will work towards a culture where all staff and students have the opportunity to reach their full potential.
Expertise and excellence
We will work to high standards to ensure that the design requirements of our clients are recognised and met.
Achieving our vision: taking action and getting results
The action we take to achieve our vision is vital and covered by ADAM Architecture’s Equal Opportunities Policy. This reflects our commitment to good practice and identifies the key issues for Adam Architecture as an employer and business. It takes account of legislative and regulatory requirements and identifies key operating principles.
Getting involved and keeping informed
People who work for and with ADAM Architecture are integral to making our vision of equality and diversity a reality. This includes:
- playing an active role in equality and diversity and engagement working groups
- taking part in training and awareness programmes to equip staff with the skills and knowledge they need to understand and meet the needs of colleagues and clients
- reading ADAM Architecture’s Equal Opportunities Policy
- participating in and promoting staff network groups that have been set up to add value to our equality and diversity practice
- making a commitment to be involved and become a diversity champion
* Under the Equality Act (2010) these are known as “protected characteristics”.