We are looking for an experienced and talented Conservation Architect for bespoke private residential projects, with 5+ years qualified professional experience. The successful candidate will be an ambitious, dynamic, motivated and creative individual, who is looking for a challenging and rewarding career.
The successful candidate should have solid experience in traditional technical residential detailing, and preferably have some experience in the detailing of high-end bespoke projects. You must be able to deliver projects across all RIBA work stages with a thorough knowledge of construction detailing and regulations.
Candidates must be capable of operating alone and unsupervised as well as within complex, multi-agency teams. Experience of operating ArchiCAD is an advantage but not essential as training will be provided.
No prior experience of traditional or classical architecture is necessary provided individuals have an interest in the work we do.
- Good people skills, comfortable working independently or as part of a team, able to manage a complex workload and to quickly gain the trust of others.
- Good communication skills, able to consult confidently with clients, design team consultants and other stakeholders.
- Strong design ability coupled with an eye for detail.
- A practical problem-solving approach.
- Thorough knowledge and experience in all stages of architectural work.
- Able to plan and deliver programmes of work, to achieve the optimum performance from the team, adjusting priorities and schedules of work to meet deadlines, and delivering projects within agreed time, cost, and resource constraints.
- Able to take responsibility for the financial control of projects, overseeing budgets, resource, and reporting on profitability.
- Thorough understanding of UK planning, building regulations, building systems and construction types.
- Good knowledge of building contracts and contract administration.
- Excellent design and technical detailing.
- Working knowledge of traditional and classical architectural concepts is an advantage.
- Willingness to travel within the UK
If this is a role you are interested in, find out more through our careers page - we would be delighted to have you join our growing team.