2015 Christmas Card
A capriccio of mixed-use Art Deco buildings, Newquay
The picture shows a capriccio of mixed-use Art Deco buildings designed by ADAM Architecture for Nansledan, the Duchy of Cornwall’s sustainable urban extension to Newquay, Cornwall. Nansledan is being built by The Duchy’s consortium of developers: Wainhomes, Morrish Builders and C G Fry & Son.
1. Chi Myghtern Arthur (King Arthur House) is a mixed use building designed by Nigel Anderson.
2. Monument within Kresennik Pennfenten is designed by Hugh Petter, with an inscription designed by Charles Gurrey. The monument is constructed in Cornish granite and commemorates HRH the Prince of Wales’s first visit to Nansledan in July 2014.
3. Chi Myghtern Lewdh (King Lot House) is a mixed use building designed by Hugh Petter.
4. Chi Pras (Meadow House) is an apartment building designed by George Saumarez Smith.
5. Chi Morvargh (Seahorse House) is a mixed use building designed by Robert Adam.
Illustration by Chris Draper